This pistol is stocked in
American walnut and has sterling silver mounts. The
sideplate is copied from one that was in brass and dug
up at the Geddy Foundry in Colonial Williamsburg. The barrel is a custom oct-round 9" long with a
cannon muzzle turning. It is in .50 caliber and rifled.
The lock is a Chamber's small Queen
Anne style. The ramrod has a horn tip. Very nice well balanced pistol.
This gun is very typical
of a gentleman's traveling pistol of the 1760-1780